Univ. of Alabama Ends Mask Mandate for Vaccinated Students, Staff
Effective immediately, face masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated people in "most University of Alabama facilities,” according to an email sent to the student body Monday.
Masks are still required for those doing clinical work, in medical buildings and on Crimson Ride buses. While masks in most settings are no longer mandatory, students may still wear one if they deem it necessary.
Unvaccinated students and faculty must always wear a mask inside all university buildings. The university considers people to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose was administered.
Currently, all university students are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Unvaccinated people can make appointments online at the Alabama Department of Public Health's website. The following sites are currently administering vaccines at no cost for Moderna (ages 18+), Pfizer (ages 12+), and Johnson & Johnson (ages 18+):
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc. #10811- 1218 University Blvd Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Walgreens Co. #18116- 521 University Blvd E Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- DCH Regional Medical Center- 809 University Blvd E Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Walgreens Co. #15449- 1520 McFarland Blvd N Ste B Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc. #04819- 808 Veterans Memorial Pkwy Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
The University of Alabama maintains several electronic resources for keeping up-to-date on the status of the coronavirus and the university. Check out the following links to learn more:
For all information pertaining to COVID-19 in Tuscaloosa, stay connected right here.