Remembering MacKenzie Nicole Adams
There is story in local news about a young girl, in the 4th grade named MacKenzie Nicole Adams. MacKenzie was bullied in school last week, other kids were calling her mean names. Have ever heard "stick and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" It's not true. MacKenzie ended life last week because she was constantly being bullied by other kids in her class. MacKenzie had asked Santa for some play station games, and a bike under the Christmas tree but he won't be able to give it her.
Bullying in our schools here in West Alabama is a problem. Nobody, including adults should be mean to others...everyone is different. Not better or worse. Just different.
- Stop and think before you say or do something that could hurt someone.
- If you feel like being mean to someone, find something else to do. Play a game, watch TV, or talk to a friend.
- Talk to an adult you trust. They can help you find ways to be nicer to others.
- If you think you have bullied someone in the past, apologize.
If you're being bullied like MacKenzie...
- Talk to an adult you trust. Don’t keep your feelings inside. Telling someone can help you feel less alone. They can help you make a plan to stop the bullying.
Please say a prayer for MacKenzie's wonderful family... #WildBillShow