Munch Madness Returns for 2021!
Are you hungry? It's about to get heated because 95.3 The Bear's Munch Madness bracket competition is officially BACK!
Look, your basketball bracket is busted, my basketball bracket is busted, everyone's basketball brackets are busted. We don't need to worry about that anymore – all that matters is choosing the best restaurant in the Druid City.
Get ready for a whirlwind week and a half, jam-packed with polls to determine which Tuscaloosa eatery reigns supreme. It all starts RIGHT NOW!
Here are the participating restaurants and their current matchups. Who do you think will take the crown?? Pastor's Kitchen won Munch Madness two years in a row, and they're surely not going to give up the No. 1 spot that easily. And with the COVID-19 pandemic ruining their plans for a three-peat last year, it's truly anyone's game in 2021.
Voting starts today and will run through the end of the month. To get alerts every time a new poll opens, download the FREE 95.3 The Bear app! We'll give you a reminder so no one misses out.
Polls will open at 10 a.m. and close at midnight that same day. Here's the voting schedule:
- Crimson Region First Round: Opens March 22 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- White Region First Round: Opens March 23 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Houndstooth Region First Round: Opens March 24 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Yellowhammer Region First Round: Opens March 25 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Tasty Thirty-Two: Opens March 26 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Sauced Sixteen: Opens March 27 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Inebriated Eight: Opens March 28 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- F***ed Up Four: Opens March 29 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Choose Your Champion: Opens March 30 @ 10 a.m., closes @ 11:59 p.m.
- Winner Announced: April 1 @ noon
After careful deliberation, we decided to allow readers to cast more than one vote if they so choose. TBH, we like the idea of y'all hanging out on our website all day, professing your love for your favorite restaurant by way of filling out a Google Form over and over.
Speaking of Google Forms, we also decided to break up with Crowdsignal for collecting votes this year. We wanted to use a Google Form to collect votes because, honestly, we're lazy as hell and like the idea of the form making pretty little pie charts for us.
You don't have to sign in or provide an email address to play – just stalk our website for the next week and a half and we'll do the rest.
Enough talking – vote NOW in the Crimson Region's first round! If the poll isn't working in our post, click here to open it in your internet browser.
MAY THE BEST RESTAURANT WIN!