VIDEO: Nick Saban Reflects on LSU Win, Previews Mississippi State
Two days after Alabama's 29-0 win over LSU, head coach Nick Saban was back in front of the media for his Monday press conference.
The victory in Baton Rouge was one of the most complete performances of the season for the Crimson Tide, but it was the defense that seemed to be the most dominant unit on the field.
"I think the knowledge and experience that they've gained throughout the year has really helped their confidence," Saban said about his defense. "And also playing together, communicating better, understanding the importance of those types of things and being a consistent unit where everybody is sort of doing their job."
Maybe the most impressive aspect of the win over the third-ranked team in the country was that Alabama never let up for 60 minutes and LSU couldn't ever find momentum as as a result.
"I think finishing the game like we did against LSU is something that we probably wouldn't have been able to do early in the season."
Here's what else Saban talked about on Monday:
- How this offense was constructed through recruiting.
- How he's seen the offense evolve throughout the season.
- Jerry Jeudy's performance against LSU and the health of Henry Ruggs III and DeVonta Smith.
- The growth of his defense this year.
- The offensive line's strong performance against LSU and some areas he thinks they can improve on.
- His thoughts on the way RB Najee Harris played on Saturday and his status dealing with the ankle sprain.
- Quinnen Williams' development since arriving on campus and the qualities that make him a really good football player.
Watch the entire press conference in the video at the top of the page.