Hear What Nick Saban Said to Start Louisville Week
Game week began in Tuscaloosa on Monday, which meant Nick Saban returned to his customary Monday spot at the podium to give his first look at the upcoming Louisville matchup.
"We're excited about having an opener, neutral site game in Orlando at the Capital One Bowl against a very, very good, historically good coach in Bobby Petrino and team in Louisville," Saban said. "I think the big question for the players is how do you respond to getting ready for a game?"
The media got its first look at the Crimson Tide's depth chart on Monday, but we'll have to continue waiting to see how the quarterback battle will play out. While Saban said both players have performed well this fall, he's not ready to tip his hand on how the rotation will play out.
"If I'm ready to tell you, I'll tell you. If I'm not, I won't. So you can assume that. Is that fair?
While both Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts are listed as co-starters on the depth chart, Saban wouldn't commit to them both playing on Saturday.
Here's what else Nick Saban discussed during the press conference:
- The challenge of facing a strong Louisville team with a lot of returning starters.
- What he's seen from the Cardinals while preparing for them.
- How Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts have performed this fall.
- Facing Jawon Pass and the Louisville offense, especially with an inexperienced secondary.
- How the they've sorted out the offensive line and the flexibility of Alex Leatherwood.
- How he uses his past experience facing Bobby Petrino to prepare for this game.
- Patrick Surtain's development this fall at defensive back.
- Defensive lineman Johnny Dwight's progress during fall camp.