Top 5 Summer Fruits
Don't you love this time of year? The sun, all the outdoor activities...and the food. Summer is always the best time for food, especially fresh fruit. I love them all and I'm always looking for the freshest and ripest. If I had to choose just a few what would be my favorites?
5. Peach. I'm the odd person that likes them a little more on the firm side but it's hard to beat a perfectly ripe peach.
4. Grapes. I prefer the white, but red are good too. And try the black if you never have, they're delicious too. Always seedless for me.
3. Berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, love em all. The perfect thing is to just ahave a big bowl available at all times so I could just eat them like candy. I bet my doctor would be ok with that!
2. Watermelon, Could it be the perfect summertime food? red juicy and refreshing. People always tell me the seeded watermelons are sweeter, but I always go with the seedless.
1. Cherries. My personal favorite, and not just because they help my knees feel better. How much do I love cherries? It's the one fruit I don't avoid because of the seeds. I'll gladly deal with the seeds to get that tart refreshing taste...although if someone comes up with a seedless I would be ok with that too.