3rd Annual United Way Pie Eating Contest Was a Complete Success [PHOTOS]
The 3rd annual United Way of West Alabama Young leadership Society's pie eating contest crowned another winner on Thursday afternoon.
The weather outside of Heat Pizza Bar at Government Plaza was perfect as 19 different contestants bellied up to a line of tables and pizza as they readied themselves for slamming their faces into a cheese pizza for the United Way charity of their choice.
At the beginning of the contest, participants had to keep their hands behind their back for the first 30 seconds of the contest. After that minute passed, they were allowed to use their hands, drink and do anything they could or had to do in order to be the first to finish their pizza!
Congratulations and a winner's trophy went to Zac Snider who was raising money for Salvation Army this year!
Other brave participants who deserve recognition include:
- Scott Powell for Alabama Head Injury Foundation
- James Cochrane for American Red Cross
- Chris Brubeck for The Arc of Tuscaloosa County
- Brian Groeschell for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Jay Kasten for Boy Scouts of America, Black Warrior Council
- Chris Graham for Boys & Girls Club
- Richard Ahlquist for Caring Days
- Tianna Brubeck for Easter Seals
- Nathan Cordle for FOCUS on Senior Citizens
- Jacobi Robertson for Girl Scouts
- Ben Vining for Good Samaritan Clinic
- Thomas Powe for Phoenix House
- Ryan Stallings for Sickle Cell Disease Association
- Garrett Powe for Temporary Emergency Services
- Jennifer Naves for Turning Point
- Lindsey Case for Tuscaloosa’s One Place
- Graham Jones for West Alabama AIDS Outreach
- Patricia Powe for YMCA
Here's a gallery of pics for the 3rd annual pie eating contest!