Win Tickets to the Orange Bowl from 95.3 The Bear and Julio Jones Kia Mazda: Official Contest Rules
Orange Bowl Ticket Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNERS MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCSALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY NEILSEN) WHO HAS REACHED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 21, 2018.
1. STATIONS/SPONSORS: The Station hosting the contest is WFFN, a subsidiary of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Station”) with office at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405. The sponsor of this contest is Julio Jones Kia Mazda, located at 4301 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35405.
2. PRIZES: There will be one (1) prize package awarded in this contest: two (2) tickets to the Alabama v. Oklahoma game in Miami, Florida on December 29, 2018; round-trip airfare for two (2) from Birmingham, Alabama to Miami, Florida; a three (3) day/two (2) night stay at the Conrad Miami; admission for two (2) to the Orange Bowl Fan Fest, two (2) custom ticket holders and lanyards, and roundtrip airport and game transfers in Miami. The total prize package value is $3,500.
*Winner will be required to present a valid credit card upon check-in at the Conrad Miami to secure the property against incidentals. A temporary hold will be placed upon the account for a total of $75 per night.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Listeners may qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize one of two ways:
a) On-Air Contest Qualifiers: Beginning Monday, December 10, 2018, WFFN will begin soliciting calls to the station studio at (205) 349-4953. Station will play the contest sounder, and from the calls received, station staff will select one (1) caller to be named as a contest qualifier (subject to eligibility requirements). Station will choose a total of six (6) qualifiers in this method each weekday through Thursday, December 20, 2018, for a final total of fifty-four (54) on-air qualifiers.
b) On-Site Contest Qualifiers: Beginning Monday, December 10, 2018, listeners may also register to become a contest qualifier at Julio Jones Kia Mazda during regular business hours. Listeners may register by submitting an entry form with the following information: name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address. On-site registration will be held until 12 p.m. on Thursday, December 20, 2018. At approximately 1 p.m. on December 20, 2018, station staff will select forty-one (41) qualifiers from eligible entries received. Qualifiers will be notified of their selection via a telephone call from the station staff; in the event that a qualifier cannot be reached by phone, his/her entry will be deemed ineligible.
The Grand Prize will be given away on-site at Julio Jones Kia Mazda on Friday, December 21, 2018 as described in Section Five (5) of the official contest rules. In all, a total of ninety-five (95) qualifiers will be chosen for the final giveaway.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached twenty-one (21) years of age as of December 21, 2018. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after December 21, 2017 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. One (1) winner will be selected at an on-site giveaway at Julio Jones Kia Mazda on Friday, December 21, 2018.
ALL CONTEST QUALIFIERS ARE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN AND TO REGISTER AT JULIO JONES KIA MAZDA IN ADVANCE OF THE FINAL GIVEAWAY. REGISTRATION FOR FINALISTS WILL BEGIN AT 4:00 PM AND END AT 4:30 PM ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21. QUALIFIERS MUST PRESENT A VALID PHOTO ID AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
At the conclusion of qualifier registration, contest qualifiers will each be handed a sealed envelope. One envelope will contain a message stating that its recipient is the winner of the grand prize. This reveal will take place at approximately 5 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2018.
Winner will be required to sign a release form to claim his/her prize; all prizes must be claimed in-person at Julio Jones Kia Mazda at the conclusion of the contest on Friday, December 21, 2018.
Any qualifier who attempts to tamper with registration materials or contest envelopes will be eliminated from the contest at the discretion of the station and sponsor.
6. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 6 a.m. on Monday, December 10, 2018 and concludes with the final drawing at 5 p.m. Friday, December 21, 2018. On-air entries will be solicited weekdays on the station from 6 a.m. Monday, December 10, 2018 through 6 p.m. Thursday, December 20. On-site registration will begin at Julio Jones Kia Mazda at 10 a.m. Monday; on-site registration will be available during normal business hours through 12 p.m. Thursday, December 20, 2018.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
8. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
9. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
10. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. Winner will be required to complete a release form and W-9 form before receiving prize.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after December 26, 2018 please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Football Contest,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
12. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Football Contest,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.