Walt Maddox Lays Out 5 Questions He Wants to Ask Kay Ivey
Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox continues his campaign tour across the state of Alabama as he looks to become the next governor, but he took some time out to join The Steve Shannon Morning Show on Tuesday.
One of the big storylines in the race between Maddox and current Governor Kay Ivey is whether or not we'll ever see a debate between the candidates. Maddox has made it a priority while Ivey said she doesn't feel it's necessary.
So we decided to catch up with Tuscaloosa's mayor and find out what he would ask her if he had the chance to debate. Maddox and host Steve Shannon ran through the list of five questions that were prepared for that hypothetical day. You can hear each one of them in the video at the top of the page.
After that, Maddox addressed a number of issues brought forward by listeners. Here are the things he discusses:
- Road construction and why it can't be handled overnights.
- What's the latest on the McFarland Mall property and is there any progress on the city taking it over?
- How would he improve education in the state of Alabama for all of the children?
- Where he stands on the pro-life/pro-choice debate?
- Why he's running on a pro-lottery platform and how he can influence that?
- Supporting his own platform versus supporting the Democratic platforms.
- Will Alabama support a Democrat for governor and how polling has been going.
Make sure you stay connected to 95.3 the Bear by downloading the station's free app.