Top 5 Places to Eat in Tuscaloosa on Game Day
When football fans drive into The City of Champions for a Alabama home game, one of the things that must happen along with tailgating on the Quad, the trash talking and cheering for the Tide is taking in some of the best game day food in the SEC!
The Top 5 Places to Eat in Tuscaloosa on Game Day
1. Rama Jama's - Nestled across the street form the mighty Bryant-Denny Stadium, Rama Jama's is a long running tradition for students and business folks alike int Tuscaloosa. Rama Jama's is a must. With their National Champ BLT, (with 15 slices of bacon!) and endless 'Bama memorabilia all over the walls, you can bet you will leave full of great food and Alabama Crimson Tide Spirit!
2. Nick's Original Filet House (Nicks in The Sticks) - A little out outside Tuscaloosa, this award winning "hole in the wall" is not just around the corner but worth following a GPS (4018 Culver Rd). Regulars rave about their one of a kind steaks, onion rings and the world famous rum concoction the "Nicodemus". A simple atmosphere and simply delicious food. According to southernliving.com: "A classic dive―good steaks at dirt cheap prices."
3. T-Burger - Located off of Bryant Drive on 7th Avenue, This relatively new jewel offers up your favorites like burgers and fries with a bit of a Cajun twist and large portions. Complete with one of the best sports grill atmospheres in Tuscaloosa you can take in the game on the flat screens or enjoy a beautiful fall evening on the picnic tables or patio. (be sure and snap a photo of the 250lb Aluminum red elephant on the roof!)
4. The Waysider - Serving up a menu that would make mama proud, this Tuscaloosa classic has carved a special place in the hearts of the locals. Waysider can be found on Greensboro Ave. The walls are covered in Crimson Tide Swag, the southern hospitality comes as natural as a Saturday morning sun. Gameday Saturday mornings call for a great breakfast and you will find it at The Waysider with the most perfect biscuit ever. The wait can be long at times but "good things come to those who wait" right?
5. Innisfree Pub- A quintessential watering hole in Tuscaloosa. Innisfree's laid back, friendly atmosphere and room to move about inside and on the large patio makes it a favorite. The pub is great and the menu stays pretty simple. Order up some pub fries and your favorite draft and be wowed! Lots of TV's and great service. The Shepherd's pie is a Irish staple and the Fish -n- Chips will get your belly ready for some Alabama Football!