Mother-Daughter Look-A-Like Contest 2014 Official Rules
‘Mother-Daughter Look-a-Like’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNER MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY ARBITRON) WHO HAS REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF MAY 10, 2014.
1. STATIONS: The Stations hosting the contest are WBEI, WFFN, and WTUG, subsidiaries of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Stations”) with offices at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: (the “sponsors”): University Mall, Gilda’s Salon and Day Spa, Alabama Bariatric
2. PRIZES: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded in this contest. Grand Prize package consists of guaranteed entry into the final round of University Mall Tuscaloosa’s ‘Mother-Daughter Look-a-Like’ Contest on Saturday, May 10, 2014; one (1) gift card to Gilda’s Salon and Day Spa in the amount of $100; two (2) prepaid Visa cards in the amount of $50 from Alabama Bariatric. Grand Prize Package Value is approximately $200.00.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Contest by going to www.b1017online.com, www.wtug.com, or www.953thebear.com and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in your e-mail address, full name, age, city, phone number, complete mailing address, and contest photo entry. All entries, as well as all copyrights thereto, will become the property of Station. Station will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries. Your entry must be submitted within the Entry Period (set forth in Section 6) or it will be deemed void. Station reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
*Submissions may only be made by a mother or by a daughter—no third party submissions are permitted. Submissions must be .jpg, .gif, or .png files.
*BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ‘MOTHER DAUGHTER LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST’ AT UNIVERSITY MALL IN TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA AT 1 PM ON SATURDAY, MAY 10, 2014.
Multiple entries are NOT permitted.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES: The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Station shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Station’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of May 10, 2014. Submissions can be made by persons of any age; however, the winning mother must be at least 18 years of age. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after May 10, 2013 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. Entries will be accepted from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST Monday, May 5, 2014. Entries must be received by 8 p.m. Monday, May 5. Station will then choose fifteen (15) finalists from eligible entries.
The photos of these finalists will be featured on the station websites for voting. Voting will begin at 9 a.m. Thursday, May 8, 2014. Listeners may vote for the photo of their choice at www.b1017online.com, www.953thebear.com, and www.wtug.com; listeners may select the contest tab at the website and vote after entering the stations’ respective loyalty clubs. Voting is unlimited and ends at 12 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2014. The winner will be notified immediately after the voting period has ended.
Winner may pick up the Grand Prize package at University Mall in Tuscaloosa, Alabama at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 9, 2014. Winner will be required to complete and sign the stations’ standard winner’s affidavit and release form as a condition of receiving said prize.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8 a.m. on May 5, 2014 and ends May 9, 2014. All entries must be received by 8:00 p.m. on May 4, 2014. Voting begins at 9 a.m. Thursday, May 8, 2014 and concludes at 12 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2014.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after May 12, 2014, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Mother-Daughter Look-a-Like Contest 2014,” 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Mother-Daughter Look-a-Like Contest 2014,” 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
15. PRIZE PROVIDERS: Prize providers include: Townsquare Media, LLC, University Mall, Gilda’s Salon and Day Spa, and Alabama Bariatric