Just in Time for The Holiday’s
My family and I took on the challenge of moving this past weekend. We opted out of tailgate food and the many great football games on TV and was focused on loading a 26 foot U-Haul truck. We got it done with the help of my brother-n-law. Today I am super tired. But the hassle was worth it and just in time for the holidays. I learned a few tips from this move. Scott Shepherd’s moving guide if you will:
- If you don’t want to buy boxes, start trying to gather boxes about 2 weeks before your move.
- Label ALL boxes so you can unload them in the proper room. This cuts down on double handling and saves your back and precious time.
- Take some time before your move to sort through the things you don’t use or need and begin trips to the salvation army or good will.
- If you are moving in town, give yourself a few days to wrap up loose ends at your old address. I wound up leaving my ironing board and cast iron skillets! But I still have a key and will stop by and pick those items up today.
- Call ahead to rent your moving truck. It will save time at the counter.
- Start begging for help about 2 weeks out as well. People run from moving friends.
- If you have small children, get a friend or relative to babysit.
- Insure your new clothes dryer receptacle will actually fit your dryer plug.
- Buy a jug of Bengay© and a vat of Tylenol© for the aches and pains that come afterward.
Now all that’s left is unpacking and organizing and enjoying the Thanksgiving Holiday!