Jason Aldean ‘Sing For Your Seat’ Contest Rules
Jason Aldean Karaoke Contest
Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WFFN (“Station”), owned and operated by Townsquare Media Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Jason Aldean Karaoke Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 21 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Townsquare Media Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- The contest will begin on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 and will run through Saturday, April 13, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
- There is one way to enter this Contest: Perform a Jason Aldean Karaoke song at a station event held at a participating sponsor location. All dates and times of Karaoke events hosted by 95.3 The Bear in conjunction with this contest are listed fully in section 20 of these contest rules. In order to participate in the karaoke contest, participants must sign up with a WFFN representative. Sign up begins thirty minutes prior to the beginning of each event and ends thirty minutes prior to the event’s conclusion or until fifteen (15) participants have signed up for the competition, whichever happens first. Participants will then perform a Jason Aldean karaoke track for the audience in attendance. Immediately following the last performance of the evening, all fifteen (15) participants will be called back onto the stage by a WFFN representative. The station representative will ask the audience to cheer for each participant. The participant who receives the loudest applause will be named the winner. In the event of a tie, the WFFN representative will ask the event audience to cheer for each participant until a winner can be clearly chosen. WFFN, in its sole discretion, will choose the winner at each event. Participants can sign up in advance for a spot to perform at a karaoke event by calling the WFFN studios to register as a performer the day of the karaoke event. All interested listeners may call the WFFN studios from 6am to 10am and from 3pm to 6pm on the day of karaoke events by calling (205) 339-4953. A limit of five (5) listeners will be listed as performers via early registration.
- At each karaoke event hosted by WFFN and its participating sponsors, one (1) entrant will be selected from all eligible entries as potential grand prize winner. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, the runner-up at each event will be named the winner and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Station’s sole discretion.
- Ten (10) grand prizes will be awarded. The grand prize package consists of the following: two concert tickets to the Jason Aldean show in Athens, GA (valued at $90 each; $180 for the pair of tickets), a one night hotel room stay for two at the Country Inn and Suites, 236 Old Epps Bridge Road, Athens, GA 30606 (valued at $97), two spots on the station bus to and from Tuscaloosa, AL to Athens, GA (valued at $104 per person; $208 for winner and his/her guest). All expenses and fees associated with the grand prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to present Country Inn and Suites with a valid credit card to secure the hotel property against incidentals. Winner will also be provided with a complete trip itinerary the day of departure to Athens, GA. It is the winner’s responsibility to board and depart the mode of transportation at the times provided by Townsquare, and should s/he or his/her guest miss the mode of transportation departing any location listed on the itinerary, it is their sole responsibility to find and pay for return transportation. Winner and any guest brought on the trip must agree to execute a Guest Release Form. Departure to Athens, GA will be at 8am on Saturday, April 13, 2013, from the studios of WFFN, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405. WINNERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE VEHICLES AT THE OFFICES OF WFFN. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER TO ARRANGE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE WFFN STUDIOS. Total grand prize package for each winner is valued at $485.00
- Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above the date of departure for the Jason Aldean concert in Athens, GA as outlined in these contest rules. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving any prize, each potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize. Winner’s guest is required to complete and sign a Guest Release Form.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the Station, Townsquare Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
- A winners list may be obtained after April 15, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
- Participating Sponsors and dates and times of WFFN karaoke events:
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 9pm to 11pm at Rhythm and Brews, 2308 4th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Thursday, March 21, 2013, 9pm to 11pm at Copper Top, 2300 4th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Friday, March 22, 2013, 10pm to 12:30am at Big Al’s, 2108 14th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 9pm to 11pm at Wilhagan’s, 2209 4th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 8pm to 10pm at 4th&23rd, 401 23rd Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 345401
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013, from 10:30pm to 12:30am at Houndstooth, 1300 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Thursday, April 4, 2013, from 9pm to 11pm at Rounders, 1215 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Friday, April 5, 2013, from 9pm to 11pm at Moe’s Original BBQ, 2101 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401