Five Things 95.3 The Bear Is Thankful For This Thanksgiving
As each year comes to a close, we tend to reflect on the things we have and what they mean to us. It's that time to say thanks and 95.3 The Bear is no different.
Here is a list of 10 things we're thankful for this year.
1. We're thankful for our listeners - If there were no listeners, we'd all be out of a job. If we were allowed to keep our job for whatever reason, we'd have no one to talk to on the phone. No faces coming to local businesses to see us when we made a station appearance. Listeners, essentially, make our world go around and we're thankful for each one we have.
2. We're thankful to be the home for Bama Sports in Tuscaloosa - We operate and live in a city of true champions. Whether they're on the gridiron, golf course, basketball court, pitcher's mound or in an Olympic sized swimming pool, wherever! Bama sports fuels this town and we're proud to be able to display their logo next to ours and give them space on our airwaves for the men and ladies that represent them to show off their talents.
3. We're thankful that we got our online music stream going this year - It was many years in the making but it happened and it has been a learning experience for all of us here. It has allowed us to reach a much greater listening audience. We thank you for reading the articles that each of put so much of our time and heart into.
4. We're thankful to be such a big part of fundraising for St. Jude - With your help, we've raised over $200,000 for St. Jude in the last 7 years. That's amazing! We're all a part of bringing cancer survival rates from 20% in 1962 to over 80% today!
5. We're thankful for great live country music in Tuscaloosa - This year we've hosted Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, The Band Perry, Jamey Johnson, Wayne Mills Band, Randy Rogers Band, Cody Canada, Josh Abbott Band, Glen Templeton and a ton more! Whether it's at The Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, The Jupiter Bar, Rhythm & Brews, or anywhere, we're appreciative. We definitely are looking forward to a great 2014 concert season!
In closing, I'm personally thankful to Druid City Brewing Company and Black Warrior Brewing Company for bringing locally made craft beer to Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide and have a great Thanksgiving!